Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

2011 C-Max Titanium: neither remote keyfobs function. Just

2011 C-Max Titanium: neither remote keyfobs function. Just replaced battery in one fob. Have to use mechanical back-up key, then to disable alarm have to insert fob into slot behind blank disc on steering column. Suspect keyfobs need "unjammed", or could problem be with car's internal intennae for KeyFree system?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 2 years ago.
Hi there good morning to you Ok the most common issue we see is a programming concern with the keys As both the central locking and the keyless start are not working (but the manual /emergency /slot is) the first thing I would advise is to have the keys reprogrammed to the keyless module (this can only be done using fords ids software ) This is a fault we see from time to time and is caused by an issue in the keyless module Thus the first thing we do is erase the keys and reprogramme them The system is very complex and the ids software is compatible and imperative to diagnosing keyless faults If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day Brian