Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

Ford galaxy 1800 tdci 2007. egr valve not working, have signal

ford galaxy 1800 tdci 2007. egr valve not working, have signal voltage 5v but no 12v for motor.need help have no wiring diagram
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there good evening to you and sorry for the delayed response Do you still require the wiring diagram for your EGR system Kind regards ***** ***** Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Brian,
Would like wiring diagram and also help with the understanding of how this electric egr valve operates. Which connections at the valve do what etc, where does it pick the 12v up from ?, does the earth switch to alter valve position ? with the 5v signal going to the valve what voltage comes out ? At the moment there is about 2.5 volts at the motor with ignition on, why is this ?
Hope you can help me find a fix or an alternative repair.
many thanks
David Trezise
Hi there David good evening to you and sorry for the delayed response
Ok in nearly every case we see EGR valve issues the case is a faulty EGR valve
Note: the EGR valve cannot be replaced separately (it comes as part of the inlet manifold )
The EGR valve has 5 wires on it
3 are for postion sensor and 2 are for the motor inside the valve
The motor is controlled directly By the PCM
Ok the wiring is as follows
Pin 1 (yellow /blue wire )= feed to operate motor
Pin 2 (brown /white wire ) = 5 volt reference feed from PCM to EGR position sensor
Pin 3 -not used -
Pin 4 (white/orange wire ) = raw voltage signal for actual EGR position back to the PCM (1-5 volts )
Pin 5 (white /violet wire ) = earth to operate motor
Pin 6 (grey/orange wire ) = EGR position sensor ground
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue David please let me know
If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening
Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Brian
Is the 12v ignition feed to the motor coming from the pcm or fuse box, Does this voltage stay at battery voltage when ignition on or engine running. The 5v and low voltage is there, but without power to the motor. Can I substitute a 12v supply to the motor? or would you not recommend. Can you supply wiring diagram ? You can buy the egr motor on its own ( pattern part ) but still priced over £100. Reluctant to purchase when the 12v feed seems to be missing. Should this feed be there when ignition on without engine running ?
What would you do?
Cheers *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Brian
Sorry for long delay, but I was waiting for wiring diagram. I managed to obtain from Autodata via a local renault garage I help out when they are busy. Cut a long story short the problem ended up being an intermittent open circuit in the power circuit for the egr motor were the potentiometer is housed ( the plastic end cap were the wires plug into ). So I must admit you were right when you said its mostly the egr at fault. But its also nice to know why. I will now give your a credit rating.
David Trezise M.I.M.I.