Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

Ford Focus 09reg the cd 6000 keeps coming back on after i have

Ford Focus 09reg the cd 6000 keeps coming back on after i have I locked it up and walkEd away I don't know the n0 of the fuse to remove it
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there ,good evening to you and sorry for the delayed response Do you still require assistance with this issue Kind regards ***** ***** Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I do. No matter how many times I open the car, even start it up to manually turn off radio, on re locking car to send all into sleep mode, within 30 mins, + or-, the radio switches itself back on. Not doing the battery much good!
Hi there thanks
Ok does the cluster display stay alive as well or is it only the audio unit
Does the vehicle have Bluetooth voice control
Kind regards Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No Bluetooth. The cluster display stays on longer after locking car, but then goes out. Then it relights when the ghost in the radio activates it!
Hi there thanks
Ok the most common cause of this is an internal audio unit issue
This is powered by fuse 112 (15 amp ) in the passengers fuse box (under the glove box )
I would eliminate the audio unit as the route cause by removing this fuse and seeing if the cluster stays asleep after ie:30-45 minutes
If the cluster doesn't wake up then we know the route cause of the concern is internal of the audio unit
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening
Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cluster display goes off between 5&10 mins after locking car, but relit within 30 mins. This is with the radio fuse taken out.
Hi there thanks
I assume the cluster stays alive after lightning up again
If so this is most commonly down to a software Glich within the instrument cluster
As a prelim diagnostic the instrent cluster software should be updated to the latest level
If the fault persists after the software update then we need to carry out wiring tests on the mid/high speed can bus network (data coms lines ) to see if a module is keeping the system awake
(The reason is the cluster is the gateway between the high and mid speed can lines
I can give you a few tests to see what can bus line the fault lies on.
Kind regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have just re checked. The cluster did not stay live. It is now asleep again.
Hi there thanks
Ok the cluster can stay alive after locking the vehicle for up to 30-45 minutes depending on the can bus activity
Once it shuts down it shouldn't become alive until ie: a door is opened etc
If the cluster isn't alive with radio dissconected but is with it connected then the issue is the audio unit
Kind regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are now pretty sure it is the radios. The cluster display hAs been acting normally for the last 24 hours.
Hi there ,good morning to you I have been on holiday thus the delayed response
Ok this indicates that the audio unit is the route cause (internal issue )
As the audio unit and cluster are linked we needed to rule the cluster out but if it staying asleep with audio unit dissconected /powered down then we know the audio unit is the cause
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day
Brian