Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Wind just blew my ford kuga door open and now it won't shut

Wind just blew my ford kuga door open and now it won't shut properly at the top. Is it just a bent hinge that would do this?
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The door closes but is out of alignment around the top of the window and down the side of the window. I can push it back in alignment but when I take hand off it comes out of alignment again.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello this sounds like the door is twisted , and you might be able to just bring it back into alignment on the hinges but what I'd suggest 1st if have your assistant hold the door steady and with the window wound down push hard on the top of the door frame whilst holding the main body of the door steady, there's often a quite a bit of flexibilty so you have to move the door past the point you want it to sit at as it will spring back.