Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

Warning light and message saying restricted revs or something

warning light and message saying restricted revs or something like that dont know why can you help
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there good evening to you Mis the red Immobilsor light flashing rapidly on the dash with messages such as reduced acceleration. /transmission failure /power steering failureDoes the car always start or are you experiencing no crank combinded with an Immobilsor light flashing kind regards ***** *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
car starts first time and seems to run fine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
amber engine light is on and message reads reduced accelaration
Does the red immobildor light flash at all rapidly Is this fault there all the time What engine is fitted to your focus Regards Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
doesnt flash at all. the fault message does not appear always. 1.6 engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
and its petrol
Hi there thanks Ok in most cases we see this issue it is caused by an instrument cluster issue (internal fault )This seems to be more common in the early 1.6 petrol Varients But before going any further ie:replacing cluster you must have a diagnostic fault code check carried out as this is an imperative part of the diagnostics as we must clarify what fault codes are logged If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening We can continue in this same post going forward Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks will this be covered under garage warranty
Hi there This will depend on ie: when the car was bought and what type of warranty you have with the garage you bought it from as the ford warranty is only for the first 3 years so it is hard to answer that one but hopefully it will be If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening Brian