Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

Sean. My Ford transit 2004 350 tdx 5 door will not lock. The

Customer Question

Hi Sean.
My Ford transit 2004 350 tdx 5 door will not lock.
The previous owner cut all electric cables to the opening backdoor!
When locking I can hear the doors being locked and than unlock again.
Is there a way of stopping the unlocking?
Gerrit
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 11 months ago.
Hi there Gerrit ,good morning to you and sorry for the delayed response Ok the reason. The doors lock and unlock themselves is due to the fact then BCMii (body control module ) is still seeing a door open (this will be the rear door due to the wiring bring cut ) To resolve this issue the first thinks that must be done if you don't want to fully reword the rear loomis to wire /Earth the door ajar wiring to truck the BCMii into thinking the rear door is closed tjis will allow the front doors to lock however the rear won't lock unless the full loom is rewired where it was cut I can assist you with the wiring diagrams etc If you wish If you need anymore help or advice on this issue Gerrit please let me know If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day and a merry Christmas Any postive feedback /bonuses are greatly appreciated Brian
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Brian.
Rewiring is to difficult, but wire the earth to the van might be possible.
I can see appr. 8 wires with different colours were the cut has been made but can not pull any wire free.
Can I find the cable somewhere else?
The van has a kitchen unit build against the wall were the wire sits.
Kitchen unit is hard to move.
A wiring diagram might be helpful if it has the colours of the wires on it.
I can lock the backdoor with a separate lock.
Thanks sofar
Hi there Do you have the registration number so I can link through the relavent diagrams as there is s few different Varients Regards ***** ***** Brian
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Brian.
Registration no BWP688 (In NZ)
vin:WF0LXXGBFL3P60336
In door are 10 black wires, wires going in van I can only see 8.
Can I try shorting each cable at the time till locking stays closed?
If I do this will I blow a fuse somewhere in trying?
Gerrit
Hi there thanks Ok pin 9 of the latch is the door ajar so this needs to be earthedand pin 7 is the set switch for the latch again this should be earthed some have coloured wires the others have black which is a pain when diagnosing I have attached a diagram to assist you You won't blow any fuses do you can try earthing the wires one at a time Kind Regards ***** ***** Brian
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Brain.
Result of connecting black cables to earth:
One cable lock and unlock all doors repeatedly till earth is removed.
One other cable has a current go trough it when using lock.
Other cables no reaction.
You do not have to connect 2 cables at the same time to earth?
Now the central locking system is not working anymore.
In instruction book it says the fuse for central locking is "Bracket behind instrument cluster"
is that inside the van or under the motor cap?
The red light on instruments of alarm is still lighting up regular. (is still working)
Gerrit
Hi Gerrit Ok can you check fuse 2.1 in the central fuse box (on passengers side top of dash ) As the wires are black I think we are going to need to do the wiring at the central security module as they are coloured here I will look further into this wiring as there is several different Variants even using the chassis number Kind regards ***** *****
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Brian.
Only fuse 21 in engine compartment is OK.
It is 20 amp and is engine management.
Do I look in the right place?
No 2.1 fuse .?
Gerrit
Hi Gerrit good evening to you
Ok the fuse box is inside the vehicle on the top of the dash passengers side the cover pulls upward the fuse box is under this the fuse is 2.1
Regards Brian
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Brian.
Found the Passenger compartment fuse boxes (2)
No fuse named 2.1
start from 201 to 227 andR14 to R22
In my instruction book :
Auxiliary fuses outside of fuse boxes located bracket behind instrument cluster 2 fuses 230 and 231 for central locking, alarm system.
But I can not locate them, where is the instrument cluster?
Is this inside the van on drivers side looking up from floor?
Gerrit
Hi Gerrit good morning to you
Ok the instrument cluster is the part where the speedometer /rev counter and gauges are behind steering wheel
Do you have registration number to try and inform this diagram
As it only lists it as 2.1 on diagram
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Brian.
Registration is BWP688 in New Zealand.
Gerrit
Hi there Gerrit unfortunately I cannot pull the vehicle details up as Iam in the UK so the details don't come up but I could try the chassis number / I suspect the diagram I attached is the correct diagramKind regards ***** ***** Brian
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Brian.
No. under bonnet: 3p69336h diam
Passenger side strud:1c1a-12k532-ahh
RHS:yc15-2l338-cg
Instruction book does not tell me were to find chassis no.
Still have not fond blown fuse from central locking.
Regards ***** ***** Xmass.
Gerrit