Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

My ford mondeo (10 plate) will not start despite nothing appearing

my ford mondeo (10 plate) will not start despite nothing appearing to be wrong when the ignition is turned on there is a dashboard message saying engine malfunction, but it would appear to be an electrical problem.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there good morning to you and sorry for the delayed response Ok does the vehicle show Immobilsor active or ---- where the mileage should be Does the engine turn over when you turn the key Regards ***** ***** Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Brian, the engine does not turn over, and I have not noticed anything about the imobiliser being active All I have seen is the message stating engine malfunction
Hi there thanks Ok if you press ok when it says engine malfunction does it then say Immobilsor active Is there ----- displayed on the dash display where the mileage would be Kind regards ***** ***** Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, yes pressing ok when engine malfunction shows does bring up immobiliser active. But the ---- does not appear where the mileage would be.
Hi There good afternoon to you and sorry for the delayed response Ok the most common issue we see after a mk4 2008 onwards Mondeo vehicle is standing water / corrosion in the main engine bay loom. Y joint This Y joint is prone for holding standing water and causes the feed wire for the PCM to corrod thus not powering up the PCM This can sometimes impact other systems but most common no crank is the fault the corroded wire will be further down the loom in the Y jointsThe wire may look visually ok but if you tug at it it will come away as the corrosion is inside the wiringI have attached an image to show you the main suspected points I always remove the plugs from the pcm and strip the loom back ward from the PCM plugs up into the Y joint if the engine loom If you need anymore help or advice on this issue Richard please let me knowIf you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advicePLEASE RATE MY ANSWERKind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day and a merry Christmas Any postive feedback /bonuses are greatly appreciated