Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I have a 2010 Ford Mondeo Titanium X with a built in sat nav

I have a 2010 Ford Mondeo Titanium X with a built in sat nav system. The sat nav is no longer 'seeing' any satellites. I have disconnected/connected the battery to no avail. Searching Google other owners have reported water ingress from the roof aerial which has caused the problem. I have visually examined what I take to be the sat nav to be and there appeared to be no evidence of water. Can you advise.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there good evening to you and sorry for the delayed resoonse Ok the fault lies with a faulty gps antenna (aieral base)or more rarely the power supply to the antenna The sat nav system need to pick up a minimum of 6-8 satellites for it to work correctly Yours will be picking up zero thus why it Won't operate You should have 5 volts at the centre pin of the gps cable this comes from the audio unit If you have the 5 volts then the fault lies with the antenna base To resolve the issue you need to replace the gps antenna base /Aieral base This is a 5 minute job Pop the interior light down and remove the 25 mm torx screw then remove the antenna /mast together NOTE: however on some models /build dates ford have now modified the parts that are avaiable (basically you can't buy the antenna. Itself anymore ) The reason for this is the GPS antenna is now fitted to the windscreen inside the vehicle due to problems occurred over the years of moisture ingress internal of the antenna The new parts require a new internal GPS antenna /cover ,Aieral base , new cables We won't know if this is the case until you contact your local ford parts department or if you wish I can clarify this for you(would need registration number ) If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening and a merry Christmas Any postive feedback /bonuses are greatly appreciated Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
BrianMy vehicle has three wires into a unit under the aerial base so I am assuming that this is the antenna you refer to. I'll check out the voltage reading and take it from there.Thanks for your comprehensive answer.Derek