Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

My 04 fiesta 1.4tdci washer pump is not operating ,i have changed

my 04 fiesta 1.4tdci washer pump is not operating ,i have changed the pump,done the self test on the GEM ,the wipers operate when the wash button is pressed but the pump is dead ,i have checked for voltage at the pump plug and there is none
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
bHi there good evening to you and sorry for the delayed responseOk can you check fuse 46 (20 amp ) firstly in the fuse box behind the glove box Regards ***** ***** Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi yes i have already done that ,the wipers are working perfectly and operate when the wash button is pressed as they should
cheers dave
Hi Dave thanks
Ok so you have your registration number there so in can look through the diagram
Do you have multimeter to carry out tests
Once i have the registration numver leave it with me to Work out a few tests
Thanks for your patience
Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Brian ,the reg is VE04 YJJ , i will have to do more tests tomorrow after work i have lost the daylight now but anything else i can try then i will do ,iam a mechanic by trade so most mechanical things i can do myself ,electrical iam ok but not great , i have been advised its the GEM but i dont want to go to that extreme if there is another option
cheers
dave
Hi Dave good morning to you Ok your registration number didn't come up (this happens from time to time ) I have looked through the generic diagram which I will double check is the same as yours if you post me your chassis number Before advising so we have the correct information Regards Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Morning Brian my chassis no is WFOHXXGAJH3U76679
Hi Dave thanks Ok the system works as follows The Gem doesn't control the washer pump The pump is powered and earthed from the switch The switch is powered from fuse 46 to pin 6 (green/orange ) The Switch is earthed at pin 3 ((black ) When you press the switch to activate the front washers the feed and earth comes out of pins 2&4 at switch And when the rear washer is activated the feed and earth are switched to reverse the polarity to the pump The feed and earth then go from pins 2&4 Pin 2- (White/black ) pin 4 (yellow/black )through connector C810 at pins 11&12 in the drivers side lower A pillar (behind kick trim ) Then on to the pump If you need anymore help or advice on this issue Dave please let me know If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day and a merry Christmas Any postive feedback /bonuses are greatly appreciated Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that brian