Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a 2002 Ford Fiesta 1.4 tdci and had a problem starting

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Ford Fiesta 1.4 tdci and had a problem starting it where I had to prime the fuel system. I replaced the fuel primer and pipes which cured the starting problem. Ever since I've got a problem that when starting the engine from cold the EAC light comes on when the engine reaches 2000 rpm and it goes into limp mode. I've had the OBD checked and it comes up with code P0200 which is Injector Circuit Malfunction which will not clear when the engine is cold. If I drive the car until it gets up to operating temperature it sometimes clears itself and drives normally. If, once the engine is warm I switch it off and leave it for half an hour or so it will start and drive normally with no signs of any problems and the EAC light does not come on. I've had an Auto Electrician look at it but he can't get to the bottom of the problem especially as I did'nt have any problems prior to replacing the fuel pipes and primer. I did purchase the fuel pipes from a company called Transitparts on Ebay and made sure that OEM and Ford part numbers were the same. The Electrician has spoken to a local Fuel Injection Specialist who does'nt think that just by changing the fuel pipes would cause the problem. Could you please suggest anything that might be causing the problem or suggest something that I could try. Thanks in anticipation
Category: Ford
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello I'd suggest the next step is to 'buzz out' the loom where you measure the resistance between the injector clip and ECU socket to confirm that the wiring loom isn't faulty or shorting out somewhere Could also be an injector leaking fuel back through the overspill pipe, so not getting enough fuel pressure to tell ECU to fire the injectors, this is trickier to find and you’ll need the garage to do a ‘run back’ test to identify which one is the issue