Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Mondeo won't start on start button, says to press clutch when

"Mondeo won't start on start button, says to press clutch when already doing."
Hello, I'm having the same problem as a question you answered a year ago.
The car won't start unless I push the clutch really hard or I push the brake pedal with the clutch pedal pressed to start the car on the button.
(The car is a Titanium X 2012)
When you say "bend the bracket forward" is it the switch you can see or the one behind the pedal?
Thanks Ian
Category: Ford
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello this must be a fault with the clutch pedal switchthis is a simple 2 wire device thats located at the top of the pedal in the drivers footwell its possible that its mounting bracket is bent and a simple tweak to push it back into place so the switch is closed with the pedal is depressed is all thats required or the switch may need replacing - but they are pretty cheap
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your fast reply Matt. Is the switch the easy one to see or the one right up high? Also would you have a part number for the switch? Ian
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
hello it should be the one at the top of the pedal , if you have 2 then there's 1 for clutch up and another for clutch downthe clutch down part is the 1 to replace