Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Why does my 2007 TDCi Ford Focus keep blowing turbos. There

Why does my 2007 TDCi Ford Focus keep blowing turbos. There are 113,000 miles on it, good service history but it has blown 3 turbos since May 2015
Category: Ford
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello there's a TSB out for these engines where the banjo bolt that secures the oil feed pipe to the turbo and to the engine this has a fine wire mesh screen which is prone to clogging up and so choking the flow of oil into the turboso I'd remove the entire oil pipe, was it through and replace the banjo bolts at both ends and refit the pipe with new copper washers its also worth checking the drain hose for the oil as well
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There were new new oil pipes fitted with each new turbo as I insisted that they renewed them. Would there be a problem with low oil pressure from the oil pump?
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello that's possible, but i'd 1st check that the banjo bolts with the wire mesh were replaced at the same time as the pipesif this is all free flowing and clear then I'd get a pressure gauge onto the block where the oil feed pipe is fitted and briefly run the engine to measure the pressure as it should be at least 4 bar at 2000rpm
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cheers ***** ***** is excellent information, I will check this out. I will probably be getting back to you when I have checked in tthe very near future.
Jimmy