Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

There. I have just bought a 2011 kuga with130000 Miles,

Customer Question

Hi there. I have just bought a 2011 kuga with130000 Miles, 18 months ago (115000 miles)it had a engine rebuild with cylinder head gasket replaced also new clutch and duke fly wheel also at a ford garage in France,I have been told there's an oil leak from the gear box but not sure where the leak is as it needs cleaning, wondering weather the leak would be covered under the warranty with the new parts fitted. Thanks in advance. Kev
Category: Ford
Expert:  Matt replied 11 months ago.
Hello this will depend on where the leak is coming from, if its from the head gasket then you have a case to go back to Ford and ask for the repair to done again, this time without the oil leaka gearbox leak though is tricky as the gearbox has no need to be split to fit the flywheel or clutch so unless the box was damaged during this fitment it could be argued its an age related leak and not due to the recent work
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Matt. Thanks for the reply,could the seal be damage with removal of driveshafts? It's booked back in on Wednesday for a new fuel vaporiszer, I will ask them to locate the leak,if the leak is from a drive shaft or head gasket you think I might have a case even after 18mths and 15000 miles. Thanks again
Expert:  Matt replied 11 months ago.
hello if the leak is around the shaft area then yes its possible this is a damaged seal caused by being a bit clumsy with fitting the drive-shaft so if that is the case then you might be able to get some contribution towards the repair