Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Have a 2007 1.4 diesel fiesta the car starts intermittent

Hi have a 2007 1.4 diesel fiesta the car starts intermittent with the immobiliser light flashing. Will start but takes 30 mins
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The recovery man seems to think the immobiliser in the barrel is not working properly.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello I'd agree that this sounds like a security system issue as the 1st thing to try is a new battery in the key fob and if that doesn't help then try the spare key if you have 1 and if that doesn't help then you will need to get the car to a dealer to have a new key coded to the car sorry its not a more DIY answer but with security systems that are designed to keep you out you really do need the right kit to reset everything
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much I will take to the garage
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
glad to helpBear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you