Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

Just bought a 2009 focus just getting used to it but dealer

Customer Question

Hi just bought a 2009 focus just getting used to it but dealer put new battery in it but can't get radio working as need code is there anyone I can contact to get it
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there good afternoon to you and sorry for the delayed response Ok in order for me to generate your radio code i will need the serial number of the audio unit as there is no other way to generate the code Most ford audio units have a serial number self read function built into the unit If you press and hold buttons 1&6 or 2&6 (most units the unit will run through a self test and should run through various displays and display the serial number The serial number will look like this - exampleV015638 or M048725 If you can get back to me with this number I will generate your radio code immediatelyIf the self test function doesn't work and the unit doesn't display the serial number then the audio unit WILL need to be removed /popped out to read the serial number from the side of the unit Kind regards ***** ***** Brian
Hi there good morning to you Did you Manage to retreive the serial number from your audio unit Regards ***** ***** Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Got two things that think are codes here goes try this c if ring bell V32 1225 or 510 kw_18
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are more letters and numbers but don't look like codes just looks like function
Hi there good evening to you and sorry for the delayed response
Ok here is the radio code you requested for your Serial number - V321225 = 1590
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening
Any postive feedback /bonuses are greatly appreciated
Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi thanks for the code but put first digit in then couldn't put anymore in do I have to press a certain button to accept the code digits
Hi there good afternoon to you
Ok for code 1590 you need to press (button 1 once) (button 2- 5 times ) (button 3 - 9 times ) ( button 4 -10 times )
Then press button 5 to enter /store code
Regards Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi tried it like you said and still no joy is there an enter button or a button I press at the end of the above process sorry to be a nuisance but didn't get radio manual with car only normal handbook
Hi there good morning to you
No worries
Ok depending on the unit it may differ
Can you put the code back in and press the centre small circle button (this is the later audio unit type )
I assumed you has the earlier one as it's an 09
Regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorted thanks again think ok