Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

My Ford Titanium x max continues to make a noise when the ignition

Customer Question

My Ford Titanium x max continues to make a noise when the ignition is turned off. It sounds like an electrical noise maybe to do with the alarm. It isn't very loud it is more like an intermittent humming and seems to be running down the battery.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
is this the 2.0ltr diesel ?
if so they have a tendency to carry on running the vacuum pump with the ignition off
and its often a fault with the relay for the pump that then sticks
so check out the state of the relay as the 1st step
of course if its a different engine then get back to me on this post
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you