Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

Sean, 2009 LWB transit, central locking playing up. Got to job, yurned ignition off, al

Hi Sean, 2009 LWB transit, central locking playing up. Got to job, yurned ignition off, all I can hear is whirring and the speedo, fuel & temp gauges are clicking:? Front door will lock & unlock with key but cannot use fob or get in rear
IAN
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there Ian good afternoon to you Ok this has tell takes signs of a faulty battery There is 2 battery so the transit under the drivers seat one is for starting and the other is for the vehicles electrics As your central locking /fob has stopped working in combination with gauges whirring etc I would suspect a fault with the electrics battery This is the rear battery under the seat If you connect jump leads to this battety and leave for a while the vehicles remote locking should start operating again This is a common occurance we see when most people think it's central locking fault If you need anymore help or advice on this issue Ian please let me know If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Brian, I have located the 2 batteries. If 1 is faulty, does it need replacing rather than recharging?
Hi there
Ok if the battery is discharged it will need replacing as it gets charged with the vehicle running
On most cases customers book there car in for the fob not working and most people assume the fob is faulty this isn't the case on most vehicles where by the battery voltage is poor (doesn't impact starting etc ) and the remote locking seems to be one of the first to go down
Kind Regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Brian