Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I accidentally put abut a 1/3 of a cup of water in my power

i accidentally put abut a 1/3 of a cup of water in my power steering reservoir in my ford ka '09' plate what damage will be caused as I drove it this morning around 6 miles.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there good afternoon to you and sorry for the delayed response Ok you won't have done any damage to the power steering as all that will happen is the water will mix with the oil but I would advise having the system flushed with fresh fluid However incase we have our wires crossed there is no power steering fluid on the 2009 Ka (new shape Ka ) The steering is fully electronic Is it possible you have put water in either the engine or brake fluid resivoir If you need anymore help or advice going forward please let me know If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day Any positive feedback /bonuses are greatly appreciated Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is the ford ka old style
Hi there thanks
It was just that 09 plate is on the changeover to the new Ka
Ok then the same applied reference the first post
You won't damage anything but i would advise to have the system flushed with fresh power steering fluid as the water can lower the viscosity of the oil
If you need anymore help or advice going forward please let me know
If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day
Any positive feedback /bonuses are greatly appreciated
Brian