Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a 1995 ford scorpio bugeye shape. Last Thursday

Customer Question

Hi i have a 1995 ford scorpio bugeye shape. Last Thursday morning I started my car up about 6am as normal. no problems and drove the 7 miles to work, parked It ,locked it no sign of any trouble. I got a phone call about 2pm from a fitter at work,saying that their was petrol leaking out from the n/s front wheel. they could hear the fuel pump going. when I got back to the car at work. I could hear both the cooling fan and fuel pump running with the car still locked up. got the car recovered home and had a quick look ,found that the cylinders where full of fuel and fuel was in the sump too. I put on a jump pack on the battery as it was flat and within a minute or so the fan and fuel pump started up again, no keys in the ign switch. Any ideals?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello for this to happen I'd say that there must be a major electrical short in the wiring loomAs the pump should only run when the engine runs ? also for the injectors to be opening and filling the cylinders with fuel then again this can only happen if the ECU is faulty or there's a short in the wiring loom the fact its combined I'd say the fault probably lies with the ECU so I'd reccommend removing it and check its plug over for signs of corrosion and damaged pins, if OK then send the unit off for testing & repair both of these firms are good:http://www.the-ecu-doctor.co.uk/ http://www.bba-reman.com/uk/