Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

My ford Kuga is showing Engine Malfunction and after that Shows

Customer Question

My ford Kuga is showing Engine Malfunction and after that Shows acceleration Reduced and car slows down. What shall i do now?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there ,good afternoon to you and sorry for the delayed response Ok the first thing that must've done is to have a diagnostic fault code check carried out as this is imperative to diagnosing this issue Most commonly this fault is caused by either a DPF (diesel particulate filter )issue Or an oil contamination issue We will know more once the fault code check has been carried out as the engine management system is very complex Thus the importance of the correct fault code If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Brian,Is there anybody who can check my car at home or work? Area E62EP or E1 0AT
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Hi there
I would advise booking this onto your nearest ford dealer the reason some indecent garages don't have the equipment or knowledge to resolve these type of issues and you end up with mis diagnosis which can be costly
And most have smaller code readers which don't pick up the relavent code
On most cases we see on kuga it's down to a faulty DPF sensor but again this is fault code pending
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue going forward or after you get the fault code please let me know
If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day
We can continue on this same post
Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I left the car to Ford service centre last Monday, Still they could not find the fault. They said when they start the engine that sign did no appear and they cannot do anything if they don't see the malfunction sign. Today they asked me to collect the car. I don't know what to do now, Please help me if you can. This sign comes to me again and again but i do not know why they cant find it, may be they are not trying hard or starting the engine again and again
Hi there
The system will have logged a fault code in the PCM memory
It might be worth phoning them and asking what code was logged (as this would assist me greatly in diagnosing the issue )
In rare cases on kuga the fault code doesn't stay in the memory
When this happens I ask the customer if I can use it for a few nights with the fird ids computer attached so when the fault occurs I can retreive the code as this is imperative to diagnosing this
Brian
Hi there ,good evening to you
How did you get on with our engine systems fault
Regards Brian