Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297
Ford

Can one convert a Ford C-max to have a manual handbrake?

Category: Ford
replied 1 year ago.
hello in theory this is possible as the C-max from 2006 onwards had the electric park brake deleted so it'd be a case or sourcing the later parts from a scrapyard and fitting them all the issue will be the body control module will still be looking for the motor so to avoid issues with that I'd suggest disconnecting the motor mechanically from the handbrake cable but otherwise leave it all connected electrically so the body module won't flag up a fault
Matt, Mechanical Engineer replied 1 year ago.
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you