Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

My ford fiesta reg number CP O2 RAX IMMOBILISER FLASHES VERY

Customer Question

my ford fiesta reg number CP O2 RAX IMMOBILISER FLASHES VERY FAST WHEN I TRY TO START THE CAR AND IT DOES NOT TURN OVER IS THERE ANY WAY TO FIX THIS WITHOUT GOING TO MAIN DEALER
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there good morning to you Ok I assume the engine doesn't turn over Also has the vehicle been jump started etc or has this happened out of the blue As the Immobilsor light that flashes on the dash I also assume when the ignition is on its flashing rapidly (faster than normal ) When you put ignition on The light should come on solid for 3 seconds then go out this is the self test passing If it starts flashing rapidly then this means you have an Immobilsor active issue What to do is leave the light flashing rapidly for 1 minute then watch the light as it will emit a flash code ie: 1 Flash - PAUSE - 5 flashes = flash code 15 If you can check this code and let me know I can advise you further Kind regards ***** ***** Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes tried to jump start but failed also put jump leads wrong way round for abount 10 seconds
Hi there thanks.
I was just looking through some wiring diagrams
Ok can you check fuses 33 &36 in the battery fuse box (under bonnet )
I suspect that fuse 33 (3amp ) violet is blown
So would start with these checks
If you need anymore help or advice on issue please let me know
If you have been completely satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day
Any positive feedback /bonuses are greatly appreciated
Brian