Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I have a 2005 1.6 ford focus c max diesel, can start it

Customer Question

hi i have a 2005 1.6 ford focus c max diesel, can start it in the morning for 1 week, found that when you turn the ignition on the glow plug light flashes and goes off, not enough time to heat the glow plugs, just replaced the glow plug relay, still the same, any idea, rgds Jasper
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there jasper ,good evening to you
Ok what fault code is logged in the PCM
Or has the glow plug relay been replaced due to the light flashing
Is this definately a 1.6 tdci
Regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the glow plug relay has been replaced due to the glow plug light flashing, fault code in pcm, whats that, yes its1560 cc
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
dont worry, youve just asked me what ive told you.
Hi there Ok the fault code is a logged in the PCM /Ecu and is imperative to correctly diagnosing your issue Most commonly the fault code p0380 glow plug circuit is the cause of this issue and is commonly caused by one or more faulty glow plugs But ideally you should have a diagnostic fault code check done first as without this mis -diagnosis (guesswork ) can happen which can be costly and time consuming which leads to components being replaced that don't need to be If you need anymore help or advice on issue please let me know If you have been completely satisfied with my answer /advice PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening Any positive feedback /bonuses are greatly appreciated Brian
Hi there jasper good morning to you
How did you get on with the advice I gave you
Kind regards ***** *****
Brian