Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I have a 2007 Ford Mondeo 2l CD Titanium, recently acquired.

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Ford Mondeo 2l CD Titanium, recently acquired. It doesn't have a fuel cap as such as I've had with other cars, its a rubber/magnetic seal system? The car is high mileage but in excellent condition otherwise. At the petrol station, when I use the pump to refuel with diesal, the pump repeatedly cuts out as if the tank is full, so takes about 5 mins 'stop start' to put a small amount of fuel in. Maybe its the pump at the station, but if its a flaw with the cars fuel cap system is there a non-super expensive fix for it? Can you confirm if the flaw is mechanical as I still have it under warranty from the garagevI bought it from. I really hope there a good answer to this!
In hope!
Nick
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there Nick, good afternoon to you and sorry for the delayed Response Ok this customer concern is something I deal with quite frequently and often accompany customers to the petrol station to explain the procedure for refuelling /using the capless fuel system We rarely see any faults with this system and is commonly down to the customer (most commonly after purchasing vehicle ) Ok what you need to ensure when using this system is that the fuel nozzle is inserted fully untill the second notch o the nozzle then the most important part of the refuelling process is to ensure the nozzle is resting downward on the filler neck If you hold the fuel nozzle upward you will get the clicking speak of as the vent system doesn't operate correctly unless the nozzle is resting downward (I have had to show many many customers this since the capless system was introduced ) If the fault is still present after attempting this procedure (which would be rare ) then it may be an issue with the top part of the filler /vent part which is avaiable seperatly from the filler neck assembly If you need anymore help or advice on issue Nick please let me know If you have been completely satisfied with my answer /advice PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening Any positive feedback /bonuses are greatly appreciated Brian
Hi there Nick ,good evening to you
How did you get on with the advice I gave on the capless fuel system
Kind regards ***** *****
Brian