Robert
Robert, Ford Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

My Ford Kuga 2011 will only start when the clutch and brake

Customer Question

My Ford Kuga 2011 will only start when the clutch and brake pedal are depressed at the same time, as it is a manual gearbox I have only has to depress the clutch pedal for the last three years. Is this due to some fault occurring or is this normal.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi..there.. Going by experiance of this issue before - id say that the fault you have will be one of the 2 position/microswitch sensors on the clutch pedal..The method as far as i know using brake and clutch together is an emergency operation - its possible whilst before you only used the clutch depress method to start..one of the switches on the clutch pedal has likely failed..thus why your now using both pedals..Id say from here have a garage using a proper scan tool diagnose or at least inspect those sensors on the clutch pedal first..I do hope this helps
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I will have this problem checked out.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
No problem.glad to help... Please dont forget to rate my answer above, much appreciated..