Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I have a 2litre automatic ford kuga and had a warning message

Hi..I have a 2litre automatic ford kuga and had a warning message appear today ..transmition function limited and it wouldn't reverse ??
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there good evening to you and sorry for the delayed response Do you still require assistance with this issue Kind regards ***** ***** Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes and I have been waiting a very long time for some help! Can you help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you need more information from me?
Hi there once again sorry for the delay in responding Ok what is the registration of your kuga So this fault shard /constant fault or has it cleared Regards ***** ***** Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It hasn't cleared...and been parked now for at least 4 hours although I haven't checked it for the last 2 ..registration is Mc65ahn
Hi there thanks I was just looking to check to see if any previous warranty work has been carried out which isn't the case here as your vehicle was only registered in the 18/12/2015 Ok Your transmission (MPS6) is a 6-speed direct manual transmission is an automated 6-gear dual clutch transmission with a manual shift option. A dual clutch makes it possible for two gears to be engaged at the same time, so that gear shifts can be made without interruption to the traction force. The associated clutch is controlled hydro-mechanically by the transmission control unit depending on the gear requirements. Pressure is applied to clutch 1 for gears 1, 3, 5 and R and to clutch 2 for gears 2, 4 and 6. As as you are only having issues with reverse this can be either an issue with clutch 1 ,valve pressure body or more commonly a software issue with the TCM. (Transmission Control Module ) This MPS6 power shift gearbox is a very complex system (completely different to an older manual 6 speed gearbox )and must only be diagnosed using fords approved softwareI would advise taking this to your nearest ford dealer to have the ids software tests ran as this is imperative to correctly resolving your concern This fault is covered under your ford 3 year / 60,000 miles warranty If you need anymore help or advice on issue please let me know If you have been completely satisfied with my answer /advice PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi there no worries If you need any further assistance regarding this after diagnostics have been done please let know and I will do my upmost to assist you kind regards ***** ***** a nice evening Brian