Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

My ford focus 1999 ghia estate rear heated window stopped working.

My ford focus 1999 ghia estate rear heated window stopped working. I changed the fuse the old one had blown, but still no go. Should I remove the fuse and put the multimeter across the fuse holder to determine if any current flows. Could it be a sticky relay?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 11 months ago.
Hi there good afternoon to you Ok if you can give me your registration number I can study the wiring diagram and give you a few tests to conduct to try and get to the bottom of this Does the switch light up to indicate the rear window is on Regards ***** ***** Brian
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes the switch light comes on. The reg is T702Roo if that helps
Hi there thanks Ok looking through the diagram the first check is to check if we have 12 + volts across fuse 49 (25amp ) in the fuse box behind the glove box with the heated rear window switch with the Vehicle running Regards ***** ***** Brian
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Just tested it.0.42V only with engine running. Awkward to get to but that's cars.
Ok I assume this is the same both sides of the fuse if do this inducates no power to the fuse Next check would be the relay for heated rear screen (relay K1 above the fuses to the right I have attached an image of the diagram to assist you As if this relay is damaged inside this could have shorted Swap the relay with another one if possible Or bridge pins 3&5 together and check power to fuse You may need to remove 2x7 mm bolts to pop the fuse box down from memory the relays are covered until fuse box is popped down ward Regards Brian
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks for the diagram. I Have a further problem. I removed the two 7mm bolts but I cannot access the relay I can see it (Yellow) but not get to it . I enclose a photo Best regards ***** *****
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry picture a bit naff. Had to print it off and then scan otherwise too big to send. The problem is the grey metal cover it appears soldered on the left hand side. Thanks
Hi there if you push the side tabs inward the fuse box will release from metal housing Regards ***** ***** Brian
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience: SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks for all the help. I am pulling the plug and yytaking it to the garage. I have to work outside, it's raining and wet here.