Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

My 2004 registered 1980cc Ford Mondeo was in and

My 2004 registered 1980cc Ford Mondeo was in for service and told the garage that when I was tuning the steering wheel there was a noise that was giving me cause for concern and asked them to look into it. On completion of the service I was advised that my steering motor was needing replaced, this was duly done but I had a call from the garage advising me that the noise from the power steering was still there and I have left the vehicle with them for further investigation. Can you give me any advice on the problem and how to resolve it ?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there , good afternoon to you Ok is this a 2.0 petrol or 2.0 diesel You say the motor was replaced was this the power steering pump that was replaced Regarding your noise what type of noise is being emitted Ie: whining noise Is is this noise present when turning the steering whilst not moving Kind regards ***** ***** Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Brian;
my vehicle is a 2.0 diesel. Yes, it was the power steering pump that was replaced. Yes, it is a whining like noise when turning the vehicle. I have not heard the noise when turning the steering wheel when the vehicle is stationery.
Regards,
Bll McL.
Hi Bill thanks and sorry for the delay Ok whining noises from the power steering are most commonly caused by aireation (air in the fluid system ) of the power steering fluid This is commonly caused by a partially blocked filter in the power steering resiovoir I would advise flushing system completely by removing old oil from the return pipe and using 2 litres of fresh fluid I would then install a new power steering resiovoir and top up with fresh fluid And bleed system using a Miti vac as this removed any excess air in the system If you need anymore help or advice on issue Bill please let me know If you have been completely satisfied with my answer /advice PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day Brian