Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

Ford transit 2007 2.4 in all lines to injector but still wont

ford transit 2007 2.4 in all lines to injector but still wont budge was airlocked from filter nearly catching just wont go the last bit just put new starter in would it be an injector any ideas would greatly help
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there ,good evening to you Ok has this only happened since a new fuel filter was fitted And now the engine cranks but won't fire Kind regards ***** ***** Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
van was driving but fuel filter was loose reconed it it got air in
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
cranks nearly catches but then fissles out
Hi there thanks Ok I always use a one way hand primer to force feed the fuel to the fuel pump this forces any air out of the system also The only way primer is connected between the fuel filter oiler and supply pipe to the pumpThe reason for this is there is no electric feed pump in the fuel system therefore once the system is primed the fuel pump transfer part sucks the fuel up If you don't have a one way primer and the vehicle is just about starting you can try a squirt of brake cleaver or easy start down the air intake hose whilst cranking You would be surprised the difference this can make to diesels when struggling to start If you need anymore help or advice on issue Bill please let me know If you have been completely satisfied with my answer /advice PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice eveningBrian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
tried wd40 down air intake is easystart much different
Hi there Yes easy start or brake cleaner is different to WD40 The easy start or brake cleaner combusts quickly and is basically a substitute for fuel I recently had problems starting a 58. Transit after injector replacement Even with primer attached in line it wouldn't start A small squirt of Easy start down intake was all it needed to fire into life Regards ***** ***** Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will try that thanks