Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I have a 2011 ford cmax titanium with Sony dab. the dab is

Customer Question

I have a 2011 ford cmax titanium with Sony dab. the dab is longer working when I select the dab it just stays on one pre-set channel with no audio and no ability to switch pre-set. I suspect that it is any internal problem with the unit.
regards
Michael
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 9 months ago.
Hi there michael good morning to you Ok the main issue we see in regards ***** ***** issues is a software issue with the DAB module or software timeout as it's known To resolve the issue properly you should have the DAB module and also the FCDIM module (front display ) software updated to the latest level As a temp fix you can do yourself you can dissconnect the battety for 5-10 minutes then reconnect This resets the relavent modules If you need anymore help or advice on issue michael please let me know If you have been completely satisfied with my answer /advice PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day Brian
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks for the quick reply, will try it tonight how can I update the software once I've done the reset?Michael
Hi michael The software updates can only be done using the ford ids diagnostic software But the temp fix should resolve your issue in the short term Sometimes the fault doesn't reappearRegards Brian
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I tried disconnecting the battery last but to no avail.
Hi michael good morning to you Ok just to confirm the DAB has worked previously as on focus the DAB function will show on the display even if not actually fitted I can confirm the setup if you give me your registration number Also how long was the battery dissconected for Regards ***** ***** Brian
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi BrianThe DAB has working fine and only stopped working the other week, the battery was disconnected for 15min and my reg is YP11 JOHMichael
Hi there michael Do you have any messages such as no GPS on the audio display or no postion can be determined Is the sat Nav working ok Regards ***** ***** Brian
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I don't have sat nav in my car. When I select dab radio I just get the spinning circle on the display.Michael
Hi michael thanks Ok I looked deeper into your vehicle setup and the cracked doesn't have a seperate DAB. Module The DAB Is intergrated on the ACM-Audio Control Module And the FCDIM(display module ) If the battery reset was unsuccessful then I would advise having the ACM and FCDIM software updated to the latest level using the ford ids software Regards ***** *****