Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

My Ford Fusion unlocks itself quicker than I can lock it! Sometimes

My Ford Fusion unlocks itself quicker than I can lock it! Sometimes as I drive along it suddenly decides that the tailgate or drivers door is open and sounds an alarm??? HELP.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there good evening to youOk just to confirm that when you lock the doors they cycle Back to the open postion Is it just the boot open or drivers door open message that appears on the display when driving Regards Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. So far. Opened and closed drivers door repeatedly this afternoon but had to leave it unlocked in the end.
Hi there what message is showing at the moment drivers door open Regards ***** ***** Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only the normal, milage etc.
Hi Ok so there is no messages at the moment When you attempt to lock the vehicle with the remote do the locks cycle closed then back open (if you have a remote ) If not what happens when you turn key in drivers door lock or passengers lock Regards ***** ***** Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Brian,Both with remote and key:- door locks for less than a second and then unlocks again.regardsjoanne
Hi Joanne thanks and sorry for all the questions Just one more question With the vehicle running and you open ie: drivers door /passengers door or tailgate does the relavent message come up Regards brian
Also is this 3 or 5 door fusion
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Brian,Only message that I usually note is if I open door when lights are on. But these faulty messages are spasmodic.
Car is 5 door.regardsjoanne
Hi Joanne thanks Ok the central locking is controlled completely from the GEM module (this is located behind trim below steering wheel /to the right ) Ok the reason your doors are cycling is that the GEM module is still seeing one of the doors are open This can be caused by either an internal fault with the GEM itself or more commonly a faulty drivers door latch When you close the door a micro switch connects internal of the latch and an earth is sent from the door latch to the GEM. module to tell the module the door is closed When the door is opened the earth is removed from the GEM thus it knows the door is open Most commonly the drivers door latch micro switch has failed and the latch doesn't send the earth to the GEM module thus why the locks cycle Ideally to clarify this isdue the wiring should be checked at the GEM module to find which latch is not sending the earth I can assist with wiring information if required also We are lucky enough that the software we use in the dealership lets us visually see what doors are closed /open which makes diagnosing in dealership a lot quicker and easier If you need anymore help or advice on issue Joanne please let me know If you have been completely satisfied with my answer /advice PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening Brian
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience: SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Evening Brian,Thank you so much for your help and explanation. Very grateful.
Have a good evening.regardsJoanne