Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

Had engine malfunction light come on today 2012 kuga No effect

Customer Question

Had engine malfunction light come on today 2012 kuga No effect on performance drove about 4 miles to home Switched car of and started it again light did not come on again Ben told it is a slight drop in voltage to the speedo Any ideas on how to cure it
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there ,good morning to you Do you still need assistance with this issue Did this fault happen in start up or when driving Has this fault cleared or is fault still present Who has told you this is a voltage drop to the speedo ? Kind regards ***** ***** Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Whilst driving Malfunction light has gone off according to the code picked up by the fault code reader
Hi there thanks Do you know code /codes were logged ie:U1900What codes were logged in the PCM / ECU did any other lights come on ie: ESP or Immobilsor light flashing Has this only happened once Regards Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did not get the codes no other lights came on ha happened 3 times now in 24hours
Hi there good morning to you a sorry for the delayed responsesOk did the engine managment light come on or did it state engine systems fault on the dash display Kind regards ***** ***** Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Management light is staying on now and engine malfunction comes on but goes off when car is stopped and restarted
Hi that thanks and sorry for the delayed response Ok the fault isn't anything to do with voltage to the cluster This issue is caused by an engine management fault Most commonly a DPF issue or a fuel vapouriser issue You need to retrieve the live /current fault code to clarify exactly what code is logged However some small code readers will not pick up certain manufacturers fault codes But with the kuga they don't suffer from much regarding engine management faults apart from blocked fuel vapourisers and DPF concerns If you need anymore help or advice on issue please let me know If you have been completely satisfied with my answer /advice PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice dayWe can continue on this same post even after ratingand going forward if required Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Had a new fuel vapouriser fitted in January after the engine malfunction light came on and stayed on Must be the DPF filter
Hi there thanks and Iam very sorry for the delayed response If a new vapouriser was fitted in January the chances of a restricted DPF are high as the vapouriser assists the DPF regeneration process Ideally a fault code check will clarify this If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening Brian