Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

My radio was disconnected in a repair. Its serial number is

My radio was disconnected in a repair. Its serial number is ***** according to the book but the code given 6237 doesn't work. I have to drive over 400 miles on Friday and without a radio I think I will struggle.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there good evening to youIf you can give me a few minutes I will generate the radio code you requested Kind regards ***** ***** Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Blimey. I'll be extremely impressed if you can. And very relieved.
Hi there thanks Ok here is the radio code you requested for serial number - V012798 = 6237 If you need anymore help or advice on issue please let me know If you have been completely satisfied with my answer /advice PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening Any positive feedback /bonuses are greatly appreciated Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
6237 doesn't work. It's the number I have. It says 'incorrect' when I put it in.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
so yes, I need more advice and help
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
as your answer doesn't work
Hi there thanks Ok as this is the correct code for the serial number you gave I suspect there is a different unit in the vehicle In order for me to generate your radio code i will need the serial number of the audio unit Most audio unit have a serial number self read function but into the unit If you press and hold buttons 1&6 or 2&6 (older units the unit will run through a self test and should run through various displays and display the serial number The serial number will look like this - exampleV015638 or M048725 If you can get back to me with this number I will generate your radio code immediatelyIf the self test function doesn't work and the unit doesn't display the serial number then the audio unit needs to be removed /popped out to read the serial number from the side of the unit Kind regards ***** ***** Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Thanks for getting back to me. Does VO87581 sound right? It was the last code given of all the goobledygook that it ran through when I pressed 1 and 6.
Hi there thanks Ok yes this looks correcthere is the radio code you requested for serial number - V087581 = 0978 If you need anymore help or advice on issue please let me know If you have been completely satisfied with my answer /advice PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening Any positive feedback /bonuses are greatly appreciated Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nooooooo - that's the other code I've got written down in handwriting in the book - I said so in the original question. It doesn't work either! I'm going crazy here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Actually no I didn't it must have been somewhere else I gave both codes. This one has been added by hand but as I said, it doesn't work. What am I doing wrong??
Hi thereOk if the serial number that came up on the unit is V087581 then the correct code for the unit is 0978After you enter the code most ford units use Button 5 to store the code If it is a Sony unit use the centre button If you are unsure of the type of unit you can post an image so I can verify the setup Kind regards ***** ***** Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I went back to try again. It worked!! Thank you for insisting. I must have put it in wrong. That's great - hurray. Cheers Liz
Hi Liz no worries i glad we have resolved the issue If you ever need any future help or technical assistance with your C-max please let me know and I will do my upmost to assist you Kind regards ***** ***** a nice evening Brian