Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

62 reg ford focus,just under warranty battery warning light

62 reg ford focus,just under warranty battery warning light came on .local garage put new starter motor on.Few weeks later battery warning light came back on car warranty run out saying it wire from altinator (spelling) problem,£288 bill waiting for me.Been advised battery warning light would not have been starter problem in first place,this would have been an altinator issue......what do you think...Ruth
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there Ruth good morning to you sorry for the delayed response Ok your battery light concern would have had nothing to do with your starter motor and would been caused by an alternator or alternator wiring issue If you need anymore help or advice on this issue Ruth please let me know If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my local garage is being so rude with me,should I contact Ford direct as this problem should have been sorted under warranty the first visit to garage........thoughts please any advice
Hi Ruth Ok was the starter replaced under warranty at a ford main dealer Do you have your registration number there so I can see the warranty history Kind regards ***** ***** Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
starter was replaced under warranty........car reg SC 62 ORV
Hi Ruth thanks ***** can see that the starter was replaced in ford dealer in Shetland on 7/12/2015 Your warranty expired 31/1/2016 Was the car originally booked in for a starting concern /no crank or just the battery light coming on Kind regards ***** ***** Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes car was towed into garage as it wouldn't start,advised them that battery had come on previous to this.when battery light came on again last week,took car back to garage as my gut feeling was this was a recurring problem that wasn't fixed the previous time.
Hi Ruth Did the vehicle cut out when driving or did you go out one morning and it wouldn't start Regards Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the battery light came on a couple of times then it wouldn't start,it never cut out
Hi Ruth thanks and sorry for all the questions Ok from your description of the fault I suspect the alternator was intermittently not charging the battery therefore it lost the charge in the battetyif this is the original customer complaint whilst vehicle was still in warranty it should still be covered as this is down to mis diagnosis The best people to contact to move forward with this is ford CRC (Customer Relations Centre) there phone number is *****(###) ###-#### If you need anymore help or advice on this issue going forward Ruth please let me know If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks going to contact Ford...
No worries Ruth Ford CRC are good when it comes to warranty issues Pop in the conversation that you have always had ford vehicles etc this always helps If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know If you have been satisfied with my answer /advice PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day Brian