Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I have a 2009 ford Mondeo 2.0L automatic and the ecm is not

I have a 2009 ford Mondeo 2.0L automatic and the ecm is not working, if I change it to a new one with a different code/make what else do I have to change as well.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there ,good evening to you and sorry for the delayed response Ok is it the vehicles ECU or automatic gearbox ECU you are replacing Why is this being replaced Kind regards ***** ***** Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The vehicles ECU, it is or appears to be dead, it's getting no power to it and all wiring looks in perfect condition. It has been tested in the car by a technician and he says it is not getting any power. The immobiliser is on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been told that replacing it is complex due to relating other parts
Hi thanks Ok the most common cause of a no communication unconcern with the PCM is a wiring issue This was very common on 08-09 Mondeo And is due to corrosion in the main engine bay loom. Y joint This Y joint is prone for holding standing water and causes the feed wire for the PCM to corrod thus not powering up the PCM you would get this fault comibinded with the immibilsor active messages This can sometimes impact other systems but most commonly it's the PCM feed wore (red /yellow wire ) -feed wire but can impact other wires in this area When checking the wiring to the PCM it must be done with all the multiplugs connected (this loads the wiring the corroded wires are further down the loom in the Y jointsThe wire may look visually ok but if you tug at it it will come away as the corrosion is inside the wiring I always remove the plugs from the pcm and strip the loom back ward from the PCM plugs up into the Y joint if the engine loomI have attached an image to show the suspect areas If you are certain the wiring has been checked correctly (the multiplugs must be attached to the pcm to test the wiring correctly ) Then it would be more cost effective to have the PCM Replaced /recoded to the vehicle and paired to immibilsor system using fords ids laptop If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening Any positive feedback /bonuses are greatly appreciated Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't checked back to the y joint but I will in the morning and I will respond then, thank you Brian .if I do have to replace do I have to match the code numbers to have the new one set up
Hi there I always strip the loom Completly open as I have done so many wiring repairs in this area for a PCM no coms issue on 08-09 Mondeos Give the wires a tug as visually they look ok but are corroded internally If you need to replace the PCM which I don't think will be the case in my experience of this issue You need to have the PCM programmed to the vehicle and paired to the Immobilsor system which consists of the BCMii /ABS module and keyless system of fitted This must be done using fords ids diagnostic software If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening Any positive feedback /bonuses are greatly appreciated Brian