Shantal-Mod
Shantal-Mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73554018

Bonnet release on 97 Transit broken, have removed front

Customer Question

Hi, bonnet release on 97 Transit broken, have removed front grill to look at bonnet catch on slam panel, but the radiator seems to be in the way of accessing the catch mechanism, I can feel around the upright support on the slam panel, I can find the catch (top part), but cannot work out / see what to do - any advice please ?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Matt replied 9 months ago.
Hello You might have more success trying to reach the catch from underneath?if you have an undertray on the engine bay then this will need to be removed 1st and then reach up to the cable run with some long nose pliers
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Matt,I can't move the transit, or lift it to get access from underneath because it won't start, hence the need to open the bonnet.
I can feel right around the bonnet catch and see the safety release, but not the cable and lever :
could you help me find the lever attached to the cable ?Where is the cable run sited ?Can you confirm where it is attached relative to the bonnet catch - that would help me locate it and the bonnet catch.CheersShane
Expert:  Matt replied 9 months ago.
hello if you have one of the transits with the key lock in the bonnet then you can also try moving the key drive directly like this
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Matt,No I don't have a key slot in the grill and anyway as I have removed the grill for access I could do that directly.Can you answer my earlier questions relating to the cable run and the connection to the bonnet catch ?RegardsShane
Expert:  Matt replied 9 months ago.
Hello Shame OK I'm going to have to opt out here as I don't have the information that you require good luck
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
OK, thank you for referring me Matt.
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 9 months ago.
I’m a moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can return your good faith deposit to the original funding source.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Shantal,Please refund to my account and I'll go to my local garage.Thank youShane