Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I have a 2011 focus and the bonnet release isn't working (lever

I have a 2011 focus and the bonnet release isn't working (lever inside passenger foot well).
When I pull the lever the bonnet doesn't pop up so I can't release the yellow safety lever. Is there anyway I can open the bonnet?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there good afternoon to you and sorry for the delayed response My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to offer you some technical assistance with your issue Have you tried getting another person to push the bonnet down at latch area when you are pulling the handle As most commonly this is down to te no next latch Spring seizing due to poor lubrication at service intervals If you can try this first as if the spring is seized it won't pop up but you may be able to open it with the aid of another person If the handle and cable are moving ok from inside the vehicle and there is still no activity at the no next latch then the only way to operate the latch is from underneath the vehicle with the radiator dropped forward to allow more access This should ideall be done on a ramp as space is limited I have only seen a handful of mk3 focus bonnet issues as most commonly its down to poor lubrication of the latch meaning when you pull the handle the cable does its job but the latch doesn't due to the Spring concern If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know If you were satisfied with my answer /advice PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day Any positive feedback is greatly appreciated Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Brian thanks for getting back to me when you say get someone to press down on the bonnet at the latch area is this the same place as the yellow safety catch? Also when you press down how do you know the latch has released?
Hi there Ok if you get some one to press down (sort of bounce lightly the centre front of the bonnet ) lught up and down whilst pulling the handle the yellow part is to the drivers side of the bonnet this is used to disengage the second catch if the latch Kind regards ***** ***** Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Looks like a trip to the garage is in order, tried your advice but no luck, thanks for your help anyway.