Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I have a 2011 c max titainuim with the sony infotainment

Hi , I have a 2011 c max titainuim with the sony infotainment system that decided to switch itself off yesterday and will not turn back on , I have checked all the relevant fuses and none of them have blown .
Have you any ideas please .
Chris
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 10 months ago.
Hi there ,good afternoon to you and sorry for the delayed response
My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to offer you some technical assistance with your concernIs the small cog showing on display
Regards Brian
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
There is nothing showing at all on the display just a blank screen
Hi Chris thanksOk is this the first of the mk2 c-max
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I think so mate
Ok if it is the first of the new shape c-max then the issue will lie with a software timeout concern with the FCDIM (Front Control Display Information Module ) basically the small lcd screen above the radio control panelTo resolve this issue you need to reset the system
the quickest way to do this is to dissconnect the battery terminal for 5-10 minutes then reconnect it
This reboots the internal processor in the FCDIM and allows the dusyem to operate
Try this first before going any furtherIf you need anymore help or advice on this issue Chris please let me know
If you were satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day
Any positive feedback is kindly appreciatedBrian
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I will give this ago ,I do hope it works.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
hi again, I am sorry to say it did not work. but now I have a child lock malfunction showing on the other display between fuel & temp gauge .
regards
chris .
Hi Chris ,
Ok the child lock malfunction can be cleared by pressing the child lock button twice
In regards ***** ***** issue do this again but leave it off for 30-45 minutes and then reconnectAnd see if this will work
If the issue persists you are looking at either an Audio unit internal fault or a FCDIM internal fault
Most commonly if the reset doesn't work it's the audio unit (which is the CD player part of the system as there is 3 different parts to the audio systemKind regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Brian .
I am sorry to say that it did not work , I left the battery disconnected for over an hour . I have done the child lock reset but now when I lock the car there is a red square warning where the child lock was also the internal locking button now has an orange light permantly on .
Chris .
Hi Chris good morning to you and sorry for the delayed responseIs the red square a slow flashing " i " when the car is locked
Can you double lock the car and leave it for a few minutes to reset the locking system then in lock it and press the child lock button twice to see if it clears as the battery disconnection is something I use daily to reset faults with no untoward issuesKind regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Good morning Brian .
I have tried your suggestion but it only gets the red light to go out when I depress the foot brake . When I get out of the car and double lock it the red light returns .
Chris
Hi Chris does the red square I flash when the car is lockedAlso when you start the car and go to messages on the dash what is it saying
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Brian,
When I start the car no messages appear . I also went through the menu it said all systems ok . When I sit in the car with it double locked you can see the fuel and temp gauge rise and fall a few times so something seems to be resetting . The the red I light and the tiny orange one on the internal lock padlock symbol both go out . When I exit the car and double lock again the both lights come on again ??
Chris
Hi Chris do the child locks operate correctly
Does pressing button twice clear the yellow light
Or does pressing internal locking button resolve thisRegards Brian
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi brain
Thanks for getting back to me , the child lock reset is ok when I press the button on the door panel . And when I start the engine there are no messages or warnings . The only thing is the red flashing I symbol returns . If I sit in the car and double lock it the red light flashes but if I just push the foot brake once it goes out . I have also stripped out the infotainment system to see if there are any loose connections , but there are not any that I can see .
I don't know what to do for the best .
Chris
Hi Chris
Ok the red i should flash when the vehicle is locked as this is showing the Immobilsor is active (this is normal for model )Regarding our original concern its most commonly the ACM that fails
This is the CD player part which houses the CD player and radioWe always carry out a network test using our ids diagnostic machine and commonly its the ACM that fails (doesn't communicate ) therefore requires replacedIf you need anymore help or advice on this issue chris please let me know
PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Brian
Thank you for your quick response . As for the red light flashing I am know hoping this maybe the case that I have never even noticed it before ? . Does the acm also have control over the global open & close system as well , oh and the internal scanner as they seem to be also inactive.
Chris
Hi ChrisOk the ACM doesn't control any of the systems mentionedThe interior scanners can be activated through the dash display under alarm -full guardThe global closing function shouldn't be effected
If you unlock the vehicle and keep the button depressed the Windows should go downRegards Brian
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks very much Brian for all your help .
I will just have to buy a new ACM .
It's a bit annoying as the car is only five years old and only done 9.500 miles from new .
Chris .
Hi Chris
If you contact your local dealer they may be able to assist in getting an exchange repair unit for you as this is what I advise to non warranty items like this where by they order a recon unit and when it arrives swap it for your one this works out a lot cheaper and easier than buying newIf you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience: SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks for the advice Brian l will call into my nearest dealer later today .
Chris
Ps I will do the review feedback a bit later . Thanks again .