Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

Ive got a 09 focus 1.6 td titanium, on cold mornings as i excelerate

ive got a 09 focus 1.6 td titanium, on cold mornings as i excelerate the engine stalls have traveled about 2 miles, thats 3 times this year
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there ,good evening to you and sorry for the delayed response
My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to offer you some technical assistance with your concernOk have you had a diagnostic fault code check done as of yetIs the vehicle serviced in accordance to ford service intervals
What is the mileage of your focus
Does the fault happen more on hard accelerationRegards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no diagnostic fault code check as of yet serviced last year 65000 miles yes happens on hard acceleration i do the same on the way home from work in the afternoon and the car is ok stalls only in morning when cold
Hi there and sorry for the delayed responseOk when was the last time the fuel filter was replaced as a partial blockage is common due to the additives used in modern diesel to wax up overtime and is more common to partially block the fuel flow to the high pressure pump under load
If the ECU. Sees a difference of + or - 50 bar of the target fuel pressure then the engine cuts out
This type of fault is more noticeable under harder acceleration as the fuel pump demands more fuel quicker thus a partial blockage causes a restriction which impacts the fuel pressure
The fuel filter should be replaced with a genuine ford filter every 37.500 miles and I have seen them block earlier due to additives used in some dieselsKind regards ***** *****
Brian