Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

2011 ford galaxy if I am driving on the motorway are over hills

Customer Question

2011 ford galaxy if I am driving on the motorway are over hills cut down an then go it just go boom
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there ,good evening to you and sorry for the delayed response
My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to offer you some technical assistance with your concernOk is your concern that your vehicle is cutting out under accelerationRegards ***** *****Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes what cost that
Hi there and sorry for the delayed response Ok when was the last time the fuel filter was replaced as a partial blockage is common fault regarding this concern
due to the additives used in modern diesel to wax up overtime and is more common to partially block the fuel flow to the high pressure pump under load If the ECU. Sees a difference of + or - 50 bar of the target fuel pressure then the engine cuts out This type of fault is more noticeable under harder acceleration as the fuel pump demands more fuel quicker thus a partial blockage causes a restriction which impacts the fuel pressure The fuel filter should be replaced with a genuine ford filter every 37.500 miles and I have seen them block earlier due to additives used in some diesels Kind regards ***** ***** Brian