Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

Just had Rac out, no compression to cylinder 4. Spark plugs

Just had Rac out, no compression to cylinder 4. Spark plugs etc all ok. Computer also said exhaust gas recirculation. Ford Focus C max. Is this going to cost me a fortune to repair? Help please.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Car been perfect up until today after driving 3 miles engine management light on and car losing power.
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there ,good morning to you and sorry for the delayed response
My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to offer you some technical assistance with your concernOk if you have no compression to one cylinder then you have an internal engine issue either a burnt valve or a blown piston edgeIn order to determine the exact Cause of this issue the cylinder head would need to be removed for inspection of the valves and the pistonIf you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you were satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice Day
Any positive feedback is kindly appreciatedBrian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this a costly thing to repair either way? What is your estimate?
Hi there yes it can be costly depending on the extent of the damage
as to remove the cylinder head itself takes around 3 hours then you have parts to resolve the issue in top of this
But you will not now the exact costing untill the head is removedA burnt valve you will be looking at around roughly £600 all in Remove the head and replace the parts etcIf the piston has blown you will be cheaper with a reconditioned /second hand engineRegards ***** *****Brian