Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

Ford fiesta mk7 1.4 tdci giving off blue smoke and fan staying

Ford fiesta mk7 1.4 tdci giving off blue smoke and fan staying on.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there ,good afternoon to you and sorry for the delayed response
My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to offer you some technical assistance with your concernOk has the smoke appeared at the same time as the fan staying onIs the vehicle overheating at all
Is the smoke blue or more white
Is the coolant level ok
Is the oil level okKind regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cool level ok, oil ok, fan coming on blue smoke
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Is the fan on constantly even with just ignition on it dies it eventually go off
When did you notice this ie when on motorway drivingDo you have your registration number there
And have these 2 faults happened at the same timeDoes the vehicle drive okKind regards ***** *****
Brian
Hi thereOk blue smoke is a by product of the engine burning oil (engine oil entering the combustion chamber or exhaust )
The most common cause of this is poor oil quality caused by fuel dilution of the oilThe blue smoke and cooling fan issue will be two seperate issues as the cooling fan has nothing to do with the engine burning oilDoes the fan run constantly even from cold with ignition on
Regards ***** *****
Brian