Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

Ford kuga has an intermittent fault when starting, locking

Customer Question

Ford kuga has an intermittent fault when starting, locking and unlocking sometimes helps , any ideas where to start fault finding ?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there good evening to you and sorry for the delayed response
my name is ***** ***** i would be happy to assist you todayOk the most common issue and first thing to check is an issue with the remote receiver (these suffer from contact corrosion in the pins and also inside on the printed circuit boardThe remote receiver is located on the headlining just behind the front interior lamp
From memory it is attached with Velcro to the headlining
What to do is remove the recover and closely inspect the pins for any signs of corrosion (blue /green )
This is something I have seen many times on the kuga over the years and your symptoms are what I would expect to see with this concernIf you need anymore help or advice on this issue going forward please let me know
If you are satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening
Any positive feedback is kindly appreciatedBrian