Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I need a Satnav/Radio code I have been told that the unit needs

Customer Question

I need a Satnav/Radio code I have been told that the unit needs to be accessed with TIS to get the code read out this was from a Main dealer
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there good evening to you and sorry for the delayed response
my name is ***** ***** i would be happy to assist you todayOk what type of sat nav unit do you have (is the SD card to the left of the display ) or is it the larger 7 inch touchscreenAlso what type of vehicle do you haveRegards ***** *****Brian
Also on the side of the unit it will say made in Portugal or made in Germany
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's made in portugal, I have attached 2 pictures one is of the side the other a front shot of exactly the same unit, it's a Facelift model so 7"Thanks
H there good afternoon to you, thanks ,and sorry for the delayed responseOk here is the radio code you requested for your sat nav unit- 6322 -If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you were satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day
Any positive feedback is kindly appreciatedBrian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok BrianI wont fit this till weekend earliest so I wont be able to check its correct, My local main dealer (Furrows of Telford) told me this had to be done by using TIS once fitted to the car, are they ill informed ? why wouldn't they be able to do this like you have ?Just installs doubts another friend of mine in Essex said his local ford gave him a form to fill out and they would request it from Germany or something ??ThanksNeil
Hi Neil thanksYes done fo need to have a form filled out and sent to Germany to generate the codes but only some models
Yours can be generated using ford EtisNow once you got the audio unit just punch the code inKind regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ah did you do it with etis then ?
Hi NeilYes the code was generated using Etis
As yours is the 7 inch (built in Portugal ) there is a different method used to generate the code unlike the other sat nav units where by the firm needs to be faxed to GermanyKind regards ***** *****Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm going to release payment I think that is done at the top of the screen with stars, I trust you have done this properly and I am taking a chance, can I re contact you if it all goes wrong ?? and if so how ?
Hi Neil yes this is done through star ratingIf you have any further issues just post back here and I will reply back here the post won't close after ratingKind Regards
Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It asked me If I wanted to tip you, haven't you received the £25 I paid 2 days ago Brian ?
Hi NeilThe tipping part is completely up to the customer to decide weather they think the expert deserves it
It is completely seperatly to original payment
Just answer receives half of my earningsKind regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HelloThe code I paid you for did not work, I had to get the correct code from my local ford dealer it should of been 3749 you gave me 6322 ????now what ??