Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

My 06 ford connect van engine turning over but wont start. have tried jump start

Customer Question

My 06 ford connect van engine turning over but wont start. have tried jump start but no effect, Battery charger showing reading of 10
any ideas ?
Cheers Mary
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there good morning to you Mary and sorry for the delayed response
my name is ***** ***** i would be happy to assist you todayOk what does the red Immobilsor light do on the dash when you turn the ignition on
It should go solid then go out
Does it do this or flash rapidlyRegards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Actually the van started about half hour after I emailed you and seems to be OK now and I have done a 20 mile trip to work.
Could do with knowing what the problem might be though as I live in a very remote spot and have to rely on the van.Cheers Mary
Hi mary good afternoon to you and sorry for the delayed responseOk if the Immobilsor light acts as normal ie: goes solid for 3 seconds then goes out then this inducates the Immobilsor system is working okThis would suggest a possible starter motor fault as this is a common occurance on the connect due to its postion at the front of the engine
This will cause a no crank issueIf it flashes rapidly with ignition on then we have an Immobilsor fault and this would require further diagnostics between myself and youIf you need anymore help or advice on this issue going forward Mary please let me know
If you are satisfied thus far with my answer /advice
PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day
Any positive feedback is kindly appreciated
We can continue in this same post even after eating it won't close
Brian