Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I have a 2010 transit connect. Noticed there was some oil dripping

Customer Question

I have a 2010 transit connect. Noticed there was some oil dripping from the oil filter but now i believe it may be from the oil pan gasket. Is this common?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there good morning to you and sorry for the delayed response
my name is ***** ***** i would be happy to assist you todayOk is oil leak at the rear of the engineIs the sump pan itself corroded /porisHas this leak only appeared after servicing or repair has been carried out
When was it last service
Regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think I figured it out already. I believe it is coming from the seal between the adapter and the cooler. The bolt head at the top of the oil cooler also seems to be leaking. Do you know of any history of this with the Transit Connect?
Hi there good morning to you and sorry for the delayed response Ok yes I have had issues with the oil cooler assembly through the years most commonly an interval failure of the oil cooler causing oil to mix with the coolant But have also changed the O rings and gasket at the rarer if the cooler between the block and oil cooler Also note when the oil filter is fitted to the connect it must be tightened (after hand tightening ) 3/4 turn with an oil filter strap If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know If you were satisfied with my answer /advice PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day Any positive feedback is kindly appreciated Brian