Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

Scanner codes p246b & p2463

Scanner codes p246b & p2463
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there good afternoon to you and sorry for the delayed response my name is ***** ***** i would be happy to assist you today ok is this the 2.0tdci Varient you have Is the vehicle losing power or is it just the mil light that has came on What type of day to day driving do you do ie: cold short trips Regards ***** ***** Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No loss of power just engine management light comes on mixed driving town and motorway.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fitted dpf last week
Hi there thanks Ok the fault codes you have P2463b- DPF condtions conditions not met for DPF regeneration P2463 - soot accumulation (over 150% spot load) Basucally the PCM has detected that the correct conditions have not been met to carry out a DPF regeneration therefore brings the mil light on The most common cause of this issue is a faulty fuel vaporiser(Commonly blocked up with soot )This is located upstream of the catalyst/DPF. And is used to aid the regeneration of the DPF by injecting raw fuel into the DPF this in turn raises the temperature to above 600 degrees. In order to burn the soot that has been accumilated in the DPF I would advise having the fuel vapouriser replaced and a static regeneration of the DPF carried out using diagnostic software as if you continue to drive the vehicle the soot load will continually rise and once above 300% it cannot be regenerated and will need a new DPF installed If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know If you were satisfied with my answer /advice PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day Any positive feedback is kindly appreciated Brian
Sorry just seen your last post Why was the DPF fitted and was the learned values reset Regards Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Snap on scanner said p2463 maybe i have jumped the gun and should have spoken to you first, will the snap on scanner reset the learned values thanks
Hi there for ring on the type of scanner and software it may do But you need to watch as its not advised to reset values (IF) the DPF is blocked again as this will lead to very high exhaust temperatures As when the new DPF is fitted the values must be reset so the PCM knows it's empty I wouldn't have replaced the DPF for this code but would have tested vapouriser (replace if blocked )and carried out a static regeneration. It it is possible that all that is needed is the values reset as I cannot see the DPF being blocked already (even though the PCM thinks it is ) due to the values not being reset If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know If you were satisfied with my answer /advice PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day Any positive feedback is kindly appreciated Brian