Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

Dear *****, Have been searching answer and googled it to find the exact same proble

Customer Question

Dear *****, Have been searching for an answer and googled it to find the exact same problem with my Ford Mondeo 59 plate with sat nav issues as you described in your post 2 years ago to a query. The Ford people told me it needed an internal aerial base unit etc. as you have described. As you are obviously familiar with this problem, I wonder if I could bring my car to you for repairs. I live in Leeds, willing to travel for any reasonable distance.
Thanking you in anticipation of your reply.
Gary.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there Gary good afternoon to you Ok the fault will lie with a faulty Gps antenna which in turn requires the internal setup with the extra cables etc There is rarely issues internal of the unit I think over the years I have seen one whereby the audio unit wasn't sending the 5 volt reference feed to the GPS antenna which is required to power it Unfortunately Gary iam based in the north of Scotland so it is a long distance from Leeds If you need anymore help or advice on this issue Gary please let me know If you were satisfied with my answer /advice PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day Any positive feedback is kindly appreciated Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Brian for your reply. What a shame, I was in Kinross earlier this week for a family gathering! Could have 'popped over' for your expertise. One question, what parts specifically should I buy to rectify this problem? Should I go to Ford or are they available on Amazon/EBay? Does the external aerial base and mast have to be digital or analogue? Does the internal aerial receive sat nav, radio, Bluetooth, travel update et al or is it just good enough for the sat nav only? The model is Blaupunkt, Ford NX HSRNS HS MCA.
Thanks once again. Gary.
Hi Gary good evening Ok I would advise ford parts only be fitted due to the type of parts they are ie antenna /cables The gps internal antenna is only for GPSYou got a standard Aieral base and mast for the radio receptionI can get you a list of exact part numbers and prices if you require this information I would require your registration number also This would be Monday morning before I can access the ford ecat parts system Kind regards ***** ***** Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks very much. Yes, if yo could let me know the part numbers and prices then I'll know what I am talking about!. My car is a Ford Mondeo, 2009, 2.0 L TDCI 140, (EK59 KKP). Monday or so would be absolutely fine.
With kindest regards
Gary.
Hi Gary good evening to you
I was looking through my questions and gave noticed the information I posted on Monday has not completed for some reason regarding the sat nav info I promised you
Here it is againParts required are(###) ###-####- cable = £20.39 (###) ###-#### ***** antenna = £37.70(###) ###-####- GPS plate = £8.20 (###) ###-####- GPS cover = £4.18(###) ###-####- FM antenna = £13.00(###) ###-####- FM mast = 4.53 (###) ###-####- GPS cable = 91.81All prices are excluding vat
And the 7 digit numbers are the ford part numbersKind regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks very much Brian. You have offered a sterling service.
Best wishes
Gary.