Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

Where do you put the crankshaft locating pin to set tdc on

Where do you put the crankshaft locating pin to set tdc on a transit connect
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there , good evening to you and sorry for the delayed response
My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you todayOk the crankshaft locking pin is inserted(screwed in ) to the block through a hole located behind the alternator (through the bracket )You need to remove the alternator and then remove the 10 mm bolt (accessed through the hole in the alternator bracket )A tip when refitting the timing pin hole bolt is to use insulating tape to hold it to the socket as it makes it a lot easier to refit this bolt through the recessIf you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you were satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening
Any positive feedback is kindly appreciatedBrian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK thanks, ***** ***** turning the crank it will stop at tdc on the pin? Then fit the locking plate on the flywheel and set the timing belt?
Hi thereOk once the crank stops against the long screw in locking pin
I then insert the flat plate on the end of the camshaft cut out
I have never used the flywheel locking tool when timing the 1.8tdci engine upAnother tip is always slacken the camshaft pulley (no woodruff key )
so when you tension the belt it moves but doesn't move the actual camshaft (torque it to 60 Nm)If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER