Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

When changing up a gear from 3 to 4 & 5 no change in engine

Customer Question

When changing up a gear from 3 to 4 & 5 no change in engine noise just a continuous sound as though still in a low gear. Rev counter appears to be working but when idling barely goes below 1. Car recently serviced and did not have this problem before the service
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there , good evening to you and sorry for the delayed response My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you today Ok does the Rev counter shoot up when pressing accelerator but does not match the power output of the vehicle Regards ***** ***** Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The rev counter does not shoot up when pressing the accelerator. When changing into 3rd gear goes up to 2 then drops below 2 when changing up to 4 & 5 Rev counter sticks at just under 3 but engine sounds like when you accurate still in low gear
Hi there thanks Ok has this ONLY happened since the serviceWhat engine Varient do you have ie:1.4 tdci What size of service was carried out ie: what filters were replaced Kind regards ***** ***** Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Full service and mot and oil change done and oil filter changed - engine 1.2
Hi there is the fault there all the time And did it appear straight after servicing Regards Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fault appeared after the service
Hi there thanks and sorry for all the questions It helps me get a better feel for the issue Ok if this has only happened since the service then I suspect the maf sensor multiplug plug may have not been reconnected or an air intake issue ie :hose has been left loose causing a miss match in air flow thus giving you your issue Kind regards ***** ***** Brian
Hi there ,good morning to you How did you get on with our low power issue Kind regards ***** ***** Brian